Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Sneak Boat Adventure
Unread 12-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
OLD GEEZER
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,551 Times in 504 Posts

Smile Sneak Boat Adventure

My 14 yr old hunting buddy Eric came over last night and ask if I was going hunting today and I said I thought you were going Mountain Lion hunting with your dad.Well if your going I would rather hunt ducks.Well we loaded up the boat and gave the old duckless hunting spot a try and by gully it lived up to its rep again.I said to Eric man you are getting really good on that duck call were did you learn to call and he said Utube. Eric said I noticed you don't call why is that and I said that the last time I used a duck call all the ducks flared away and two coyote showed up.
Mr. Benson when you got interested in girls did you stop hunting.Eric I never stopped hunting except when i was in Boot Camp in 1962.As a matter of fact my wife new I was a hunter and pretty well excepted that fact when we got married. Well we didn't get any ducks today but had a great time and that is all that matters. Thomas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eric duck hunting trip 001.jpg (534.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Eric duck hunting trip 002.jpg (534.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Eric duck hunting trip 004.jpg (500.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Eric duck hunting trip 006.jpg (549.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Eric duck hunting trip 007.jpg (536.8 KB, 4 views)
Thomas L. Benson Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Thomas L. Benson Sr. For Your Post:
Unread 12-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,228 Times in 3,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas L. Benson Sr. View Post
Eric said I noticed you don't call why is that and I said that the last time I used a duck call all the ducks flared away and two coyote showed up.
when I used to hunt ducks on a regular basis, I hunted with two fellas that competed as callers on a national level, they had both been state champs. They taught me to call, and encouraged me often. But I knew my real skill level when the ducks were being difficult one of them would turn to me and suggest I sit this one out and work my dog.

Unread 12-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

thomas youve really got a good hunting partner there...looks like a mighty nice trailer and sneak boat setup you got there...thats a fine looking spot yall are hunting there...it had to be a good duck hunt to turn down a mountain lion hunt.... if i was in better phisical shape i think i d like that lion hunting at least once...but at least we got your hunting partner to keep us posted on that end... boy i like these hunts i feel like ive been along on every one of them... how have you got that trailer setup inside... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
OLD GEEZER
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile

Charlie: I threw that little trailer together awhile back and it is my go to rig for camping,fishing and hunting.It pulls with ease behind my little Ranger and gets me out of the weather and is comfortable.I don't need much out of life and try to keep it as simple as possible.The sneak boat was built about 15 years ago when I lived in Alaska and is called a Peterkin sneak boat.It is more of a guy and a dog boat but is it smooth in the water so you can sneak along the slough and jump shoot.Thomas
Unread 12-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Twice Shooter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thomas, Where did you live in Alaska? Thanks, Tom
Tom Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #6
OLD GEEZER
PGCA Member

Member Info

Smile

Tom: I spent 38 years in Anchorage and had a lot of great fishing and hunting trips.If you have never been you should go and see the beauty and vastness of that great state.Richard Flanders is living the dream as you see in most of his photos. Thomas