Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Parker calender and /or prints
Unread 03-03-2011, 01:52 PM   #1
Robert Delk
Forum Associate

Member Info

Smile Parker calender and /or prints

I think I brought this up before and I think it would be a good idea if there was a Parker calender made up each year with photos of some of the unique and wonderful guns that are out there. Owners could remain unknown for security reasons.Looking at the albums it would seem that many can take very nice photos and submit them online. Along the same line I think high quality photos of high end guns would make very nice prints for framing and would be a good way to generate some cash for the association.With the digital age the printing and photos are much less a problem and I think there would be a market.I make high end picture frames so this is not an altogether altruistic wish.I have a nice picture of a AAHE that someone took on my wall and it gets a lot of comments. Ditto the pic I had of a Optimus Lefever.Someone finally made me an offer I couldn't refuse on that one.Maybe each year could be dedicated to a particular grade or gauge and go from there.These photos or calenders could be available at every event the PGCA sets up at.
Robert Delk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Delk For Your Post:
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,985 Times in 12,587 Posts

One of our members had a Parker calendar made for his own use and it came out very nicely and the price was quite reasonable. By doing so the individual gets to use his or her own favorite Parker pictures.

Would the member care to comment on this Robin??
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,205 Times in 4,909 Posts

I would like to have a selection of calendars available for purchase. I would probably select the Dean Romig or Alan Swanson edition. Actually, I would select the Charles Herzog edition before either of those, but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Robert Delk
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well, I would opt for the Bill Murphy edition as I am dying to see the "Gold Hearts" gun and the 28 that has been in your possession since you were a kid.I was a "kid" in Maryland at the same time with a love for guns and no money!!
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,985 Times in 12,587 Posts

You flatter me Bill... My meager collection shouldn't even be whispered about in the same discussion about those other two.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

I thought the Parker of the Month photos were going to be put into a calender.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #7
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,201 Posts

We worked for a year to put out a really first class calendar several years ago. It ended up being ordered as a poster instead of the original plan and didn't sell very well. I doubt the PGCA will be doing another anytime soon.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #8
Robert Delk
Forum Associate

Member Info

I think that if someone put a little effort into making sure the calenders were front and center at each event that they could sell. eBay is a good place to sell and at every gun show that has a member in attendance. I would think really sharp close ups of unusual and/or high grade guns would be of interest with some good descriptions of what was being shown. Sometimes you have to try and try again to make sure a worthwhile idea gets its due.But I am selfish and want some good stuff to frame for myself so put me down for for 15 or so if they ever get done again.
I'll Order
Unread 03-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
Greg Miller CTGunLaw
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default I'll Order

If someone wants to make one up at anywhere near a reasonable number I would be prepared to pre-order one. Perhaps if we got enough paid pre-orders someone would do it. Mr. Dunkle had a really good looking poster sized one at the New Year's Day shoot which is currently hanging in my den.
Gregory Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Gregory Miller's homepage!
Unread 03-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,637 Times in 2,670 Posts

I get a calendar made up every year by a friend who has a passion for handmade fly fishing reels, so I pay $20 for a spiral bound monthly calendar with 8x 10 prints of Bogdans, Hermans, etc, beautifully done. He takes pre orders and then has printed up the number of pre orders and maybe a few more. He does about 100 per year. You want your reel pictured, you take a picture, send it to him, he selects it or he doesn't . No committee, no collection issues, not sponsored by any organization, no outside issues. Its done by some company called Shutterfly.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote