Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

wake up call
Unread 02-09-2014, 09:01 AM   #1
charlie cleveland
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 7,803 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default wake up call

morning fellows.. ya ll i ve got the coffee on in the pot biscuits in the oven a pan of bacon a sizziling some eggs to follw in that bacon grease... come on by will talk about parkers the weather or old cars or just good old times and as john d .says anything except politics...ha man its a great day dont waste it snuggled up in bed...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #2
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,496 Times in 4,471 Posts

I am planning my escape from the house so I can try to go hunting. Stay tuned folks
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

The sun was out this am but I listened to the weatherman last night and didn't make plans for a round of clays, I should have. It was cold but the wind was way down. Got brownie points with the wife by helping her put in a new toilet, looked at guns I can't afford, dodged going to Walmart, loaded some more 16's and read part of the biograpghy of lord Ripon. All in all not a bad Sunday but I wish I would have shot a round of clays
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,983 Times in 1,741 Posts

Up at 5am, drank a pot of coffee--took Lucy for a short walk 1 degree at 7---breakfast with my duck hunting buddies at 8:30----sporting clays at Rochester Brooks at 9am. Glass of beer at 10am after shooting in the parking lot 4 degrees-----took Lucy out for a 2 mile walk in deep snow-----homemade soup for lunch with my spouse. Cleaned my gun lit a fire and plan on a early to bed after the Syracuse game----Perfect!
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:17 PM   #5
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,084 Posts

I was up at at 4:30..to pee... back in bed 4:34
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rich Anderson For Your Post:
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #6
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,496 Times in 4,471 Posts

Woke up with a cup of coffee. Relaxed while my wife and youngest went to breakfast. When they got back, I got in the truck and drove down to Darien to snipe hunt. Got one with one shot and saw a few others. Nice time though. Nobody else down there. Fried shrimp and oysters at Holton's Seafood. Back to the house to shower and change and go to the Isle of Hope Historical Society oyster roast on the dock in our neighborhood. After a good meal, then off to the gun club to shoot clays. Youngest pulled while the oldest drove his tractor. Then a drink in the clubhouse and now back at home. Wish the snipe flew better, but can't really complain
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #7
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

Went to the range today. spent about four hours there. Met a couple of new people a young man and his wife. They were both fine folks. Got to shoot my Manton double rifle for the second time. Man what a blast. Great time buy all.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
chris dawe
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 2,857 Times in 611 Posts

Woke at 7am, picked up my cousin and a coffee around 8...we grabbed a couple tubs of worms and a can of beans at the gas station,then with snowshoes did about 5 km in just above the knee light snow in to an old favorite fishing hole .

Cut 6 hole's ,baited and dropped six lines ...boiled the little copper kettle for a couple mugs of black tea...checked the lines half a dozen times ,windchill got down to around -20 C, so we then opened the beans and snuggled the cans right up to the embers...they boiled in about a minute ,we ate those and checked the lines a few more times ...caught a small Brookie ,but threw him back ...we had alot of cleaned hooks but no more trout .

Started to get dull so we hiked our way back out ,a little easier this time(and legs like jello now ).

Had a Turkey dinner at Mom's with all the family ,came home to watch Diff strokes on Net-flix with my little girl ,but it's down tonight .

And here I am in front of the computer for a bit
chris dawe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #9
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,261 Times in 1,203 Posts

Went to a little gun show Saturday morning to look at a Parker a guy told me he wanted to sell. Gun wasn't much and the price was a little sporty so I took a quick pass. Did pick up a great Brauer Bros. shoulder holster in the original box for $5 so not a total waste.

Went out Saturday night with my friend Julie, had a great steak dinner and got gloriously drunk. She had a little health scare recently and spent a long stretch in the hospital. She's back on track now and doing well, it was her first evening out on the town since she got out of the hospital and we made it a good one.

Slept late on Sunday needless to say. Got up and took four aspirin, made coffee, cooked a little breakfast, and watched Rio Lobo on DVD. Spent the rest of the day working on the archives of my old Order of the Arrow Lodge from down home.

Made some good progress there, filled a couple more huge binders with the paperwork I've accumulated over the years. Nearly done with the chore now, just the stuff from the 80's and 90's left to go. They merged us out in 1994 I'm sad to say.

Next chore is doing all the Council historical paper the same way. There's only about 12 copy paper boxes full, it might take me the rest of my natural life.

One of our old Lodge officers gave me two huge boxes I've barely touched other than to sort out the OA stuff from the Council and I bought another huge collection from a guy in New York State this past spring. I must be nuts.......

DLH
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 02-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #10
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry L. Hoffard View Post
Went to a little gun show Saturday morning to look at a Parker a guy told me he wanted to sell. Gun wasn't much and the price was a little sporty so I took a quick pass. Did pick up a great Brauer Bros. shoulder holster in the original box for $5 so not a total waste.

Went out Saturday night with my friend Julie, had a great steak dinner and got gloriously drunk. She had a little health scare recently and spent a long stretch in the hospital. She's back on track now and doing well, it was her first evening out on the town since she got out of the hospital and we made it a good one.

Slept late on Sunday needless to say. Got up and took four aspirin, made coffee, cooked a little breakfast, and watched Rio Lobo on DVD. Spent the rest of the day working on the archives of my old Order of the Arrow Lodge from down home.

Made some good progress there, filled a couple more huge binders with the paperwork I've accumulated over the years. Nearly done with the chore now, just the stuff from the 80's and 90's left to go. They merged us out in 1994 I'm sad to say.

Next chore is doing all the Council historical paper the same way. There's only about 12 copy paper boxes full, it might take me the rest of my natural life.

One of our old Lodge officers gave me two huge boxes I've barely touched other than to sort out the OA stuff from the Council and I bought another huge collection from a guy in New York State this past spring. I must be nuts.......

DLH
Destry: I found my Order of the Arrow sashes the other day: One with just the red arrow & the other with the red arrow & a red bar. I don't remember what the bar stood for, do You?

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote