Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread
DH /DHE ? At Cabelas
Unread 02-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #1
winplumber
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default DH /DHE ? At Cabelas

This is a STRANGE gun I would think a store of their caliber would be up front on this parts gun .Look at the nice job of the dolls head. Ref# 1651536. Who is running this gunroom ?
Unread 02-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

Dang. Isn't that a jewel. From the looks of that one it would appear Fred Sanford is running the gunroom.
Unread 02-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,729 Posts

Well...There is a first time for everything I guess. If I were them I would at least get the description of the gun right and mention that it has Trojan barrels and forend,its restocked etc.etc. And oh ya...reduce the price...a lot!
Unread 02-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #4
Drew Hause
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 3,860 Times in 1,272 Posts

Is there a crolle pattern underneath the blueing?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/co...rkerdh_09l.jpg
Visit Drew Hause's homepage!
Fred Sanford or Fred Flintstone?? Cabela's???
Unread 02-06-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Fred Sanford or Fred Flintstone?? Cabela's???

Yes sir- that is a DH (Grade 3) with extractors- Mama Mia- who butchered up the doll's head on the receiver with a sloppy brazing job? I don't know which of the "Bigger Boxed" stores has a less aware of the facts gun dept- Cabela's or Gander Mt.--Our area GM store has a later series Trojan 12 28" barrels-someone beat the floorplate back into place with a sledge hammer apparently, the screws are all buggered beyond redemption, stock severly marred with soggy butted red recoil pad apparently fastened to the stock with Super-Glue- also the stock cheeks were "pinned" and expoxied, and apparently the "Tommy Tinkerer" who did that FUBAR had some left over epoxy left in the dish, so he conveniently expoxied the trigger guard bow and screw heads into the pg- so that later dis-assembly would be a nightmare-

The barrels are sound, so is the forearm- But they want a firm $799.00 plus tax (because that's one of them scarce Paaarkars I guess)-- go figure??
Another beauty
Unread 02-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,414 Posts

Default Another beauty

Here is another bargain and only slightly more expensive than the DH/Trojan at Cabelas. Imagine it was owned by only one family!

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...9&mode=viewGun
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete Lester For Your Post:
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #7
Forrest Smith
Forum Associate

Member Info

I had a self proclaimed fine double gun dealer tell me last weekend at show he'd take no less than $500 for a plain jane swiss cheese barrel 10 ga hammer gun, stock held on by duct tape. This gun honestly might have been used as an oar for saltwater canoe.. I quote: "boy that there a RARE Parker, you won't find one of 'em round here for a hunerd miles". "That gun right theres a steal at that price". I offered $50, had a bare spot on the wall, but he wouldn't budge...and I made him very, very mad

Cabelas stupidity is sometimes nice too, the Michigan store had a screamer vh 20 ga two weeks ago-priced right. I emailed at 9:00 AM the day it popped up, and there were 3 people with standing offers in front of mine and gun was already on hold, pending funds I wasn't the only one that thought it was a good deal I guess.
Unread 02-06-2010, 01:24 PM   #8
Jim Kucaba
PGCA Member

Member Info

Don't get me started on Cabelas ! ... Especially the Lacey Washington store ! ... As far as I'm concerned, they're the most DISHONEST, LYING, SOB's on the planet ! ... They SCREWED me out of a Parker 14 gauge back action gun AFTER I'd put the money on my Visa Card ... They gave the gun to a buyer who was second in line behind me ... The gun was rightfully mine because I'd already put my money up. But the "managers" at the Lacey store refused to correct THEIR employee's error and and opted for doing the most convenient thing, FOR THEM ... which was refunding my money ... I went all the way up the chain of command and called the HMFIC over ALL of Cabala's Gun Departments at their corporate headquarters in Nebraska but the guy didn't care what was RIGHT and refused to un-do errors made by his idiot employees at the Lacey store ... Needless to say, I'll probably never do business with Cabelas again ... NUFF SAID !

Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

"Those who matter don't judge me ... Those who judge me don't matter"
"Head Mister Foster In Charge?" at the "Big-C"-- huum
Unread 02-06-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default "Head Mister Foster In Charge?" at the "Big-C"-- huum

Cabela's Gun library and their incompetent sales staff are a joke- Now Bass Pro joins that group too. Can't see an ejector axle pin on a Parker as you can on an LC Smith or Ithaca- but if it is a VH, then it is a non-ejector, if a VHE thaen an ejector- simple as that--Wonder who the clown was in that 100 year old "family" that decided to put their "coat of arms" shield on the stock cheeks?? What a joke at $2900--and both barrels at .010" chokes- huum?? Wonder if that was a factory special order back then??
Unread 02-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,729 Posts

I would suspect that the "Coat of Arms" is hidding a pin through the head of the stock. As an aside we have seen in the Parker order books the quote"Pin stock head" I would love to see a documented Parker with the pinned stock head done in Meriden.
Closed Thread