Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

deer hunt update
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default deer hunt update

well got up at 5.00 this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed..was in the woods by 5.30...i slowly made my way to a spot i had picked out for my morning stand. when i got there i set my little folding chair up and sat down to wait for that big whatever...doe only for next 2 weeks...i watched the sky turn agray and then to a pink luster and then to yellow what a beautiful sunrise it was...the first thing i seen was a bushy tail a going up a big oak...i thought what a good morning this is going to be...set there for 2 hours and never seen anything else...well packed up my stuff and walked back to the truck.boy was i chilly will dress better next time... i went back out hunting again at 3.00 hunted over looking a food plot this evening...i got into my shooting house and got comfortable almost to much..like to have went to sleep dont guess any you boys ever did this...well got out some double bubble that i had bought for such a time...well went thrugh 2 pieces of double bubble and 5 tootsie rolls and a good orange and never went to sleep once...well was looking around for some more tootsies but i was out...about then i decided to use a blat call ive used them with great success.. i rechecked my rifle to see if it was loaded and pointed in rite direction.. a few minutes went by and here came a doe then another and another..it was a mother doe and 2 half grown fawns with her..they eat grass for just a few minutes and went into some hardwoods...well i settled back and then decided to call again in about 10 minutes here came a doe of good size then all at once out of the corner of my eye i spotted a huge deer..slowly it finally came into full view she was the biggest doe deer ive ever seen in my life..i was amazed at her size she shoulda been a buck...i said to myself i sure would hate to drag that giant doe by myself so guess what i let her walk..will pass word on to my buddies to let her pass she deserves to live on...after the does passed i set there till dark but never seen anything else..im still thinking of the size of that old doe rite now... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,493 Times in 2,509 Posts

Charlie;
Killed a 150lb. doe last year. She was traveling with 7 other deer, does, who probably were her offspring. She was the last deer to enter the edge of the field and when she did I had to really look hard as she dwarfed the other ones. Dropped her on the spot then had to call my buddies to help load her on the back of the truck after dressing her out. Just ate her last steak the other night. Boy these corn fed MD. deer are just delicious. Good luck.
Daryl Corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,587 Times in 12,457 Posts

You're an unusual man Charlie. If I had that much legal venison in one deer right in front of me I KNOW I would squeeze that trigger.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

That's a big doe Charlie...my brother (with the .49/90 Winchester I told you about) killed a 200 lb doe 2 years ago, and it was with 2 other does of the same size!

I got a picture of her somewhere around here...see if I can find her...

Here she is...That shed wall is 10 foot high! One BIG Mama! (and no vote for Obama! ;o) Get out there and do America proud boys! Vote today!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Big Doe 003.jpg (517.4 KB, 3 views)
ron belanger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ron belanger For Your Post:
Unread 11-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

boy thats one big doe...the doe i seen looked to be that big but i dont guess ill ever no...ive decided to let her pass if we ever meet again...those size does are really impressive...i did not get to hunt today had to help with the voteing polls today from 7 till 7....what a man has to do for his country...give up a day of hunting.... charlie
Unread 11-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
boy thats one big doe...the doe i seen looked to be that big but i dont guess ill ever no...ive decided to let her pass if we ever meet again...those size does are really impressive...i did not get to hunt today had to help with the voteing polls today from 7 till 7....what a man has to do for his country...give up a day of hunting.... charlie
Yup...we did our duty yesterday! Now onward and upward...hopefully!
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

went squirl hunting this evening treed 6 and seen 2 of them i missed the secound squirl..wind got up decided to quit squirl hunting and go deer hunting...i seen 4 but it was 2 big does with small fawns so i let them pass again.. charlie
Unread 11-08-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Walt Kowalski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
went squirl hunting this evening treed 6 and seen 2 of them i missed the secound squirl..wind got up decided to quit squirl hunting and go deer hunting...i seen 4 but it was 2 big does with small fawns so i let them pass again.. charlie
You hunt deer with the squirl gun Charlie? (with buckshot maybe?)
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

i switched guns when i went deer hunting used a 44 mag single shot one of them h r guns..you can hunt in miss..with a single shot center fire with a visable hammer and 38 calibre or larger..can also at same time use the old muzzle loader rifles flint or poercussion...and also muzzle loading shotgun with single ball...plus bow and arrow or cross bow... aint we lucky... charlie