Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

perfect pattern powder usage
Unread 07-01-2024, 02:42 PM   #1
matt koepnick
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default perfect pattern powder usage

Hello all. I have been searching for a good cheap substitute for my Titewad loads. Wound up getting an 8-pounder of Perfect Pattern (Hogdon) last weekend from LGS. Had earlier researched some loads with with this powder for my needs, and components I have. It's an avail powder so I bought it.
Loaded up 2 boxes of 7/8 oz at 7k psi , 1200 fps (advertised numbers).
I used Hogdon load data: 14.8 Gr PerfectPattern, CB 0175-12 wads, Win 209, and GunClub hulls. Loaded and crimped nicely.
When shooting them Sun at the club it seemed I felt a little more recoil than my Titewad 7/8 oz ones. Both loads list the same speeds. The big surprise was looking down my bores after shooting all 50 shells. Both bores and chambers were pretty spotless, and were actually shiny like just cleaned too. ..
Perfect Pattern shells shot with the same results as normal and I scored 70 percent as norm. With current pricing (switching to Cheddite 209) I can load these at 6.41 a box so it looks like this powder is ok as backup for when my Titewad is gone. Mattly
matt koepnick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt koepnick For Your Post: