Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Info on DH 12ga.
Unread 10-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,914 Times in 536 Posts

Default Info on DH 12ga.

Perchased today at gun show from PGCA member...SN= 123580 Its 30" DT-PG -SF Nice gun ,perfect screws, bright titanic barrels, little finnish left, nice tight gun! Question about butt plate?, butt stock has old rubber recoil pad..? stock shows no evidence of widdows peak...does have a curve from heal to toe, does not look like a streight saw cut. measures 13 1/16" from front trigger to center, edge of wood. Do I need to get a letter to confirm how it shiped? thanks Kenny Graft SXS ohio...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,064 Times in 1,729 Posts

Ya Kenny I would get a letter.
Unread 10-04-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
Bob Jurewicz
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,066 Times in 582 Posts

Kenny,
Its in the "Book" with no reference to extras. But I don't believe your question would appear there. You need a letter. However, the widows peak would be gone with wood down to 13".
Bob Jurewicz
Bob Jurewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,914 Times in 536 Posts

Thanks Bob...the owner said gun was correct with the pad.....The stock has about 3" of drop so I will decide on its future here. If it stays I will get a letter. I have been shooting Parker repro's with 2 1/4 - 2 3/8 drop....and find low guns a handicap at the beginning of a shoot.....by the end im doing O.K. but my score is in the dumpster...Im going to keep looking for right DHE 16 I missed one on vintage doubles sight for lack of cash...)-: IT was my perfect gun...hi condition, light, with all the right stuff....11500.00 and its sold...took about 2 weeks and is gone...bummer I was about 1/3 short of needed funding at the time. Its been a hard summer here at the gun shop and on line, I spend to mutch cash with my wholesalers and my customers all have trades, Im always short of cash!....soon as things heat up a little I have personal hi-quality rifles,shotguns and hand guns Im just not gunna ever use so I plan to convert them into a couple fine Parkers. THanks all ...SXS ohio...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote