Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

making the rounds
Unread 01-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,797 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default making the rounds

the little dog DASIY and i loaded on the old 4 wheeler and headed out ..we do this everyday at about the same time...we make the same round rain or shine and today it was raining.we were looking for deer tracks and was not long before we spotted several set but all looked to be small deer by the track. sometimes we jump a deer or a squirl..but today we ran into a large flock of turkeys. they were all young turkeys from this years hatch . i tried to count them and got to 20 but then they spooked and started running i would guess there was 25 to 30 of them...really got me going for a moment...i dought any of these will be shooters this spring but if they live till next year they will...well as we were fixen to come up by my dads little lake we slowed down hoping to see a duck or two but no go..boy was it beginning to rain hard now the temperature was at 34 degrees when we had left the house so dasey and i headed for the house..i had on my rain suit and was ok other than my hands my gloves aint water proof...well i think DASEY WISHED SHE HAD STAYED BY THE FIRE CAUSE SHE WAS FIRST ONE IN THE HOUSE... looks like we may have some icing problems iu hope not but they just phoned and are letting the schools out early...gota go... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Dunnigun
Forum Associate

Member Info

Charlie, your story reminds me of a drawer full of waterproof gloves I have in a drawer....that aren't worth spit. Good luck on those turkeys in a few years. Brian

Last edited by Brian Stucker; 01-15-2013 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: addition
Brian Stucker is offline   Reply With Quote