Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

cocking hooks
Unread 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,798 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default cocking hooks

untill the the gun of mine quit cocking the hammers i had never notised how much difference ther is the cocking hooks..the ph grade 10 ga is in the 114xxx serial no range..the cocking hook is shaped like the others but looks to be hand shaped and filed were as guns with cocking hooks made a year after the ph has got cocking hooks that looked to bemachine made... the cocking hooks look to interchange between gauge size...the vh 20 ga i looked at appears to be the same as a dh 12 ga i looked at...the two guns cocking hooks were identical in shape and configuration...the ph 10 ga with differant aperance of cocking hook was made in 1901 to 1902 the vh and the dh were made a coupla years later ... has any one noticed the differance in this before. the no of the cocking hook is no 23 on the pages showing all the parts of the parker...would like to know if they would interchange with the apperance being differant in these cocking hooks... .and if the first cocking hooks were hand made and the later ones stamped made... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote