Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Excited
Unread 06-18-2024, 12:37 PM   #1
Adam Horodnyk
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Excited

I bought a 32" Parker #3 frame 12 gauge from a member here last year that I fell in love with. I am a serious duck hunter and it was my first Parker. It is a great brother to my 30" SuperFox. I shoot them both a lot every fall in the duck marsh on Lake St Clair.

I just acquired a Parker VH 20 bore "0" frame with 26" barrels. The gun is a shooter quality. I had the gun shipped directly to Chris Dawe at Stillwater Restorations to check it over. It got a clean bill of health.

Now I will bring it back to Toronto and shoot it this season on woodcock and grouse and decide whether or not to move forward with a full restoration and or restock!

I am pretty happy.

I know lots of people think those 0 frame Parkers are the ultimate American walkabout grouse and woodcock gun. I have a few other makes that I like. cant wait to get hands on it.
Adam Horodnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2024, 01:13 PM   #2
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,589 Times in 1,390 Posts

Hard to beat a Parker 20 w/ "0" frame. I have a few that I really enjoy. Congrats!!
Unread 06-18-2024, 04:10 PM   #3
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,999 Times in 3,180 Posts

Congratulations, Adam, but please leave some woodcock and ducks for those of us south of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Horodnyk View Post
I bought a 32" Parker #3 frame 12 gauge from a member here last year that I fell in love with. I am a serious duck hunter and it was my first Parker. It is a great brother to my 30" SuperFox. I shoot them both a lot every fall in the duck marsh on Lake St Clair.

I just acquired a Parker VH 20 bore "0" frame with 26" barrels. The gun is a shooter quality. I had the gun shipped directly to Chris Dawe at Stillwater Restorations to check it over. It got a clean bill of health.

Now I will bring it back to Toronto and shoot it this season on woodcock and grouse and decide whether or not to move forward with a full restoration and or restock!

I am pretty happy.

I know lots of people think those 0 frame Parkers are the ultimate American walkabout grouse and woodcock gun. I have a few other makes that I like. cant wait to get hands on it.
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 06-19-2024, 10:36 AM   #4
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,053 Times in 1,179 Posts

I had a camp at Mitchell's Bay for many years and still hunt the area a little bit. Good to hear of another Parker man on that water.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Unread 06-19-2024, 02:37 PM   #5
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,779 Times in 3,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Bishop View Post
I have a few that I really enjoy.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post: