Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

What is up with this dolls head?
Unread 07-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

Default What is up with this dolls head?

Saw these pics of a refinished gun, but couldn't determine what was going on with the dolls head? Did someone relay the rib and not attach the dolls head properly or at some point was the dolls head lost and this one fabricated? Not only is it not attached right, but unless I am wrong it doesn't even look like a parker dolls head?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c2d3d1fa83435047871412b5b9bd1a01.jpg (55.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 0a5c5dc0fced6d4eb7bbe7bfa6daf572.jpg (54.3 KB, 9 views)
Unread 07-23-2018, 09:34 PM   #2
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,922 Times in 12,561 Posts

That one had been discussed here before but I don't recall if any consensus was reached. It certainly isn't the result of Parker Bros. manufacturing becaust the doll's head extension is a solid one piece addition to the barrels/rib.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dean Romig For Your Post:
Unread 07-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #3
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,253 Times in 425 Posts

That is a CHE that was stolen from me. I had some reloads that were chambering hard so I closed the gun hard, something I hate to do. I usually return the top lever by hand, never closing the gun with a snap. This piece came off while I was trap shooting and I didn't notice till I got the gun home. I was shocked. I always believed the dolls head was one piece. I have no idea why the gun had a two piece dolls head. It didn't look like the dolls head was tampered with in any way. The top had typical engraving. This still remains a mystery.
Tom Flanigan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Flanigan For Your Post:
Unread 07-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,922 Times in 12,561 Posts

Those Bernard barrels may have originally been made for a gun that was ordered with “No rib extension”. Just a WAG on my part.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
Chris T.
PGCA Member

Member Info

Two things that really irritate me when looking at Parkers are bad screws and a mangled dolls head. Maybe they milled off the top and soldered on a new piece to repair a bugged up dolls head??
Chris Travinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #6
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I think that is a long shot. Maybe a fix for a buggered dolls head, but I doubt that also. What bugs me is the condition of the barrels. I did those perfect black and white. Maybe it's the pictures. The picture of those barrels are on my Damascus tutorial. The black was deep black. I was proud of those barrels. It also bugs me to see it for sale. I bought the gun about 12 years ago for $3500. I'm sure the idiot who "gave" the gun to a pawn shop only got $200 on the gun. Last price I saw was $7900, I believe. Way over priced for a restored gun. It also bothers me to see someone making so much money off my stolen gun. I can't look at the pictures of it. I really liked that gun and planned to keep it forever. It shot beautiful full choke patterns from both barrels. I should visit the Baltimore pawn shop and tell the guy he is a piece of crap.
Unread 07-24-2018, 01:17 PM   #7
King Cobb
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,521 Times in 405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Flanigan View Post
I think that is a long shot. Maybe a fix for a buggered dolls head, but I doubt that also. What bugs me is the condition of the barrels. I did those perfect black and white. Maybe it's the pictures. The picture of those barrels are on my Damascus tutorial. The black was deep black. I was proud of those barrels. It also bugs me to see it for sale. I bought the gun about 12 years ago for $3500. I'm sure the idiot who "gave" the gun to a pawn shop only got $200 on the gun. Last price I saw was $7900, I believe. Way over priced for a restored gun. It also bothers me to see someone making so much money off my stolen gun. I can't look at the pictures of it. I really liked that gun and planned to keep it forever. It shot beautiful full choke patterns from both barrels. I should visit the Baltimore pawn shop and tell the guy he is a piece of crap.
Tom did you report the gun stolen?
Unread 07-24-2018, 03:09 PM   #8
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

It turned out to be a friend of my son's. I decided not to press charges. Maybe I should have. The pawn shop said I would have to press charges for him to give the gun back to me. He had me and he knew it. He was obnoxious about it, which really pissed me off.
Unread 07-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #9
Chris T.
PGCA Member

Member Info

I'm certain that if you suggest getting the ATF involved negotiating would quickly go in you favor...
Chris Travinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #10
Tom Flanigan
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

It's been a few years now. I should have done that at the time but didn't think about that.