Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

DHE 28ga at Cabelas
Unread 07-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default DHE 28ga at Cabelas

Stopped by Cabelas in Lacy, WA this week. They have an OK looking Remington DHE 28ga. Silver gun, short stock, brown rubber butt..... Is everyone sitting down? $40,000
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
C Roger Giles
PGCA Member

Member Info

Well it is time to excite you 28 Ga lovers as I have an aquantince here in Toledo that has a VH 28 for sale, like $12,000. I say no more.

Roger as in PTG
C Roger Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Wow- as in Maui Wowie
Unread 07-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Wow- as in Maui Wowie

What kinda weed do the Cabela Gun Librarians smoke out there in WA? $40K-Now a DHE 28 and a VH 28- both mfg. same year, whether Meriden or Ilion, and equally equipped as to triggers, stocks, furniture and in about the same condition-- sure, I'd expect the higher graded Parker with ejectors to fetch more- But 40K--

Roger- Love Toledo- I would be very tempted to have your friend who has the VH 28 Parker in the $12K range to dust across the border to Dundee and see what the lads at Cabelas there will offer him for it- my guess (if you want to bet a lunch at Tony Pako's on it) would be $7500--and that's without seeing the gun

You'll see Hillary Clinton sending Monica Lewinsky a Christmas card before you'll see me doing any gun business with Cabela's Dundee MI outlet, unless they make some changes-

Last edited by Francis Morin; 07-17-2010 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Suggestions heeded from Col. Day
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
Jim Kucaba
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Morin View Post
What kinda weed do the Cabela Gun Librarians smoke out there in WA?

You'll see Hillary Clinton sending Monica Lewinsky a Christmas card before you'll see me doing any gun business with Cabela's- a big rip-off IMO
I wholeheartedly agree ! ... The schmucks at Cabelas screwed me out of a nice 14 gauge Parker at the Lacy Wa. store a while back so it will be a subzero degree day here in AriZOOna before I a spend a red cent at Cabelas again.

And ... I'd like to see the looks on Hilly and Bubba Clampett's faces when some single dude shows up at the John Jacob Astor estate for Chelsea's wedding with his "date," Monica Lewinsky, on his arm.

Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

"Those who matter don't judge me ... Those who judge me don't matter"
James T. Kucaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Oh dem weddin' bells be a ringin'
Unread 07-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Oh dem weddin' bells be a ringin'

And if Monica Lewinsky's dance card is full, the single dude could always ask old Minzie Starr- the gal who got "pinched" in John Jacob Astor's Bar=--

Maybe when Cabela's first got the Gun Library started they may have had some guys that knew guns and the gun market, at least the Dundee store was honest- when I asked if their used guns had been gunsmith checked and had any kind of a warantee they told me "NO" straight away!

A few years ago I picked up a Ruger 10/22 with a Bushnell 4x scope for a "rainy day squirrel gun"- tuned the trigger, but the scope cross hairs shifted- I bought it at GM and they have a one year warranty on used guns, and since the scope came with the Ruger, they replaced it with a new one at no charge. I'd like to see Cabela's consider a similar program on their used guns, at least the Gun Library offerings

Last edited by Francis Morin; 07-17-2010 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: Read and Heed the CO's words- Charlie/Lima
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,988 Times in 4,809 Posts

If the guys at Cabela's give $7500 for a VHE 28, don't tell me about it because I am already on heart medication and I don't want to have a heart attack. Cabela's would find it hard to go three grand for such a gun.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,669 Times in 999 Posts

It's listings such as this DHE at Cabela's that makes me really appreciate what Tom Skeuse brought to the marketplace.
Greg Baehman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post:
Unread 07-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #8
Mike Stahle
Forum Associate

Member Info

I for one will continue to give places such as Cabela's, Bass Pro and
Gander Mountain my business. There’s getting to be fewer and fewer
places that sell guns and ammo. these days.
Mike Stahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #9
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,630 Times in 2,670 Posts

Wow, I'll be embarrassed for our organization if the several life and annual PGCA members ( including the recently retired president) who work for Cabela's see this tirade.

And maybe the several charitable shoots I participate in should not seek Cabela's sponsorship any more if Cabela's is such an awful place. Can we count on the people here who are calling Cabelas a bunch of schmucks to pony up $1000 apiece and a pallet of free shotshells for our next cystic fibrosis or Pheasants Forever shoot? Thanks and I'll be glad to provide the addresses where the checks can be sent.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 07-17-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,988 Times in 4,809 Posts

Since I guess I am one of the ones being chatised because I commented earlier, I will complete my comment by saying that any business owner or administrator should be glad to hear critiques, both positive and negative. Many businesses pay thousands to companies to conduct surveys among their customers. I would be glad to conduct a pricing examination for Cabela's for a set amount plus expenses. I have a feeling they don't have any interest in my offer. However, if they do, I am available.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post: