Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Tupelo gun show
Unread 09-09-2023, 09:01 PM   #1
hugh rather
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Tupelo gun show

Went to the Tupelo furniture market gun show this morning about 9:00am.There were plenty of tradeers showing guns , knives and ammo, coins ,even a few good looking home made cakes and pasteries.There were a lot of collector guns: Rugers,number ones in a lot of varities,super blackhawks from the 60's on,77 top safties,in good numbers.Unfortunately saw no Parkers today but that first table on the left (some folks associated with Steve Barnett in the past) had some nice lc's,ithaca nid,english london jones action double as well as some early Browning fn 22 auto,and other long and short guns.We saw several ithaca 37's ,some impressed ,some cut checkering.One table had quite a collection of Winchester repeating shotguns from the 50's on to the 70's.They even had a 59 with the fiberglass barrel.The theme of the show seemed to be repeating shotguns of the 50's to the 70's on many tables.The old Ted Williams guns took me back to my youth when I spent hours pouring over the Sears Christmas catalog . There were lots of Marlin 336's and Winchester 94's on many tables.They had the highest prices,pushing towards a thousand in good condition guns.Most of the guns were reasonable and people seemed to want to deal.I hoped to run into Charlie Cleveland but my trip here was a last minute thing after being out of town all week.Go to your local gun shows,it can be truly fun and a good way to meet people with like interests.
hugh rather is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hugh rather For Your Post:
Unread 09-10-2023, 02:58 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

hugh a friend and i went to the gun show friday evening ....wish i could have met you maybe some day this will happen....i went to a car show on saturday in belmont miss...like you said there were many guns to choose from...i did not see any parkers but was offered a 410 stevens double barrel for 400 dollars it would have been a good buy but i already had one....also seen some gun powder for sale....been a while since i ve seen any powder at tupelo......charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Tupelo gun show
Unread 09-10-2023, 05:10 PM   #3
hugh rather
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Tupelo gun show

I will let you know when I'll be at the next one,Charlie.That is a good price on that Stevens 311.Saw a lot of Win.9422's too.Prices around 1500 or above .Saw one magnum and one Boy Scout 9422 new in box .Have not seen those in awhile.
hugh rather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2023, 08:33 PM   #4
Mike Franzen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,502 Times in 1,344 Posts

Glad to hear you Mississippi gentlemen are supporting your local gun shows. I’d like to get to the Tupelo show sometime.
Mike Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Franzen For Your Post:
Visit Mike Franzen's homepage!
Unread 09-11-2023, 07:51 PM   #5
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

come on down mike its a small show but always good....we ll treat you like roalty....charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 09-12-2023, 08:27 PM   #6
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,684 Times in 1,644 Posts

There you go Mike, Charlie will show you some southern hospitality! Charlie what did yu see at the car show, Wish I had my old 33 Chevy pickup, but got into a little trouble as a kid and had to sell it Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2023, 07:00 PM   #7
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

at that car show i seenseveral nice pieces....i guess the most interesting car was a 1971 mustang....a man had bought it new went on his honey moon in it then sold it a few years later.....car was gone out ofanyone knowing were it was...then a friend of his found it in a barn in a sad state of affairs....the barn had fell in on it and badly damaged it..the friend bought it and restored it for the origanal owner...the friend told the owner the car had not come with the shaker hood on it the owner said the car had come new with this hood on it...the friend who restored the car got on the internet and he found out that the ford motor company had put out a special offering in the spring of 1971 calling that mustang with the shaker hood the spring special with a fancy dressed lady model with the car....they had the ad with the car.... how about a studebaker school bus a really short one only 2 windows to the side...rare huh......lots of nice ford pickups in the 1970s and lot of nice square body chevy pickups....i guess my pick for the day was a 1939 ford 2 door car really nice rod....charlie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 09-19-2023, 08:18 PM   #8
LtCol Henderson Marriott
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

First rate.
You folks are also invited to the AGCA-Alabama Gun Show at the Hoover Met
Hoover-Birmingham, AL.October 21 weekend- Show. Weekend of 21-thru...There are Parkers-LC Smiths-and Fox shotguns there.
Last LC Smith I found there was a 16 GA Crown grade which I purchased.