Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

parker pan cake syrup
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
charlie cleveland
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 7,803 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default parker pan cake syrup

i just got thru making the wife and i pancakes and coffee...to top off the pancakes we had some real CONNECTICUT MAYPLE SYRUP...SENT to me by the parker mayple syrup king his self TERRY SPENCER... I must say this was quite a treat for the wife and me...as far as i know you cannot buy this in mississippi..this is the secound time ever ive got to enjoy this real mayple syrup...i will guard this bottle of syrup and enjoy it for many mornings to come... it was a real treat for BESSIE AND I....MANY thanksto TERRY...ILL remember him every time i eat a pancake from now on...the reason i named this PARKER MAYPLE SYRUP IS because it was was thru the PARKER COLLECTORS ASCIATION AND TERRY BEING A MEMBER AND THIS MAYPLE SYRUP BEIUNG MADE IN CONNECTICUT THAT I CALLED IT PARKER MAYPLE PANCAKE SYRUP.... THANKS AGAIN TERRY.... CHARLIE
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,356 Times in 3,305 Posts

enjoy - my daughter called the other day to set a date for getting out to a breakfast at one of the syrup makers. I could hear my two little granddaughters in the background chanting "maple syrup"

I've been addicted to the stuff since I was a kid. Back when I had the trees to make my own, my older daughter used to drink sap, my son would have a glass of syrup with a peanut butter sandwich if I wasn't looking.

sweet gift of nature - and in this case your Parker buddy
Unread 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 12,186 Times in 3,266 Posts

I guess I need to have a word with my wife, Charlie. All I got was a cup of coffee and a day old muffin.
Glad you liked it. I'm getting too old to keep this up. It was more fun when the kids helped out. Almost half my taps are still the good old fashioned buckets, so there's still alot of lugging. Even the trees on tubing go into tanks that need to be pumped to the sugar house, so if I'm not lugging sap, I'm lugging the gas-engine pump. (on snow shoes for a good part of the season)
edgarspencer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 03-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Good on you Edgar for keeping going on the syrup program. We tapped some maple trees in Michigan when I was in college. One day we were hauling a 30gal trash barrel full of sap home to the cooker in the back of a Suburban when our driver had to brake a little abruptly at a light and the barrel tipped over in the back. What a mess! We just opened all the doors and let it pour out onto the street. A good laugh was had by all I can tell you. Birch syrup is popular up here in Alaska but it takes a LOT more sap to make a jug of syrup than it does with maple.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,074 Times in 1,731 Posts

Got that right Charlie.....Danny had Edgars syrup this morning with his waffles. He refuses to use any other syrup...spoiled kid....

Rich, I would love to try some birch syrup. Is it available in the lower 48?
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Eldon Goddard
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
i just got thru making the wife and i pancakes and coffee...to top off the pancakes we had some real CONNECTICUT MAYPLE SYRUP...SENT to me by the parker mayple syrup king his self TERRY SPENCER... I must say this was quite a treat for the wife and me...as far as i know you cannot buy this in mississippi..this is the secound time ever ive got to enjoy this real mayple syrup...i will guard this bottle of syrup and enjoy it for many mornings to come... it was a real treat for BESSIE AND I....MANY thanksto TERRY...ILL remember him every time i eat a pancake from now on...the reason i named this PARKER MAYPLE SYRUP IS because it was was thru the PARKER COLLECTORS ASCIATION AND TERRY BEING A MEMBER AND THIS MAYPLE SYRUP BEIUNG MADE IN CONNECTICUT THAT I CALLED IT PARKER MAYPLE PANCAKE SYRUP.... THANKS AGAIN TERRY.... CHARLIE
Real maple syrup is like real Parmigiano Reggiano once you have the real thing there is no substitute.
Eldon Goddard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #7
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

You can order it online from Alaska makers like Alaska Birch Syrup.... not cheap at $160/gallon though! They sell it in 8oz bottles. The folks that I know who formed the first larger commercial operation call their company "Kahiltna Birch Syrup". If you google alaska birch syrup you'll get tons of information. Birch syrup is very good, with a distinct flavor that is completely different than maple syrup.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,496 Times in 4,471 Posts

Julia cooked pancakes this morning and I had maple syrup on them. She got one pancake a little burnt and it really tasted good with the syrup. I will confess that this was after a search for cane syrup came up dry. I can't get enough cane syrup.
Mills Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
john f. hanson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Eggar
This is John Hanson in East hampton, CT
Where can I buy that Sweet Liquid that Purtill tells me about. Of course he didnt bring me any today, just that smelly cigar.
Hope I get some from you soon.
Your friend Yonnie.
john f. hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
gman
Forum Associate

Member Info

Basically in the green mtn. state we put the syrup on anything on our plate. Favorites are scrambled eggs with cracked pepper, sausage, vanilla ice cream, basted on London broil, maple cheese cake, baked beans ........or in a shot glass right out of the evaporator. Necter of the gods
Eric Grims is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Grims For Your Post: