Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Off to the UP
Unread Today, 08:03 AM   #1
George "Scott" Davis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,418 Times in 384 Posts

Default Off to the UP

I leave tomorrow for 7 days of Ruffed Grouse and Woodcock hunting in the Upper Peninsula. I've never hunted in the UP so I'm more than a little excited about the trip. My 9 year old Brittany has been "glued" to my leg once she saw the hunting gear being organized & packed. Since my Fox 16 gauge is being restocked due to my Montana accident I'll being using my L. C. Smith 16 gauge or my GH Parker 12 gauge (however I did pack my Remington 11-48 28 gauge). I've been shooting skeet low gun the last four weeks with the L. C. Smith to get ready for this hunt.
Happy Hunting Everyone
George Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to George Davis For Your Post:
UP
Unread Today, 08:36 AM   #2
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,962 Times in 549 Posts

Default UP

I hope you have a great time! I will be headed north to the UP next week the 17th Oct. I have a new Gordon setter pup Miss Charlie Rae that will be 11 months on Oct. 23rd. That said it will be pointed birds only. I have been hearing that numbers are good in upper Michigan this year. Its been dry so find water to find birds. We start our hunt in Sue St. Marie hunting sharp-tail grouse on Friday 18th. Then drive west on Saturday to Felch area for 6 days of ruff hunting. We also have an invite by some serous grouse hunters to join the fun and see some new hunting areas on Saturday as well. The young lady has the father to my pup and her friend has my pup's brother Gordy. Looking forward to meeting them all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7528.jpg (533.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7501.jpg (479.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7502.jpg (501.1 KB, 0 views)
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote