Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Powder Search:
Unread 02-11-2022, 07:00 PM   #1
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Powder Search:

Here is one for all the reloaders. I did an online search for powder. Of the 15 to 20 web sites that I check none had any shotgun powder. I started looking at other sites and found "Primers House". That sit listed Red Dot 8lb container for $185.00. Naturally I jumped on it. At check out I could not receive a function to enter my card number. It listed "Zelle" as a payment function. I have never heard of this so I did nothing. I received an email from Primers House the next day stating that I needed to contact them for payment info. I tried the chat function, NO REPLY. I tried the phone number and all I got was "your call cannot be completed try later". So far It has been 5 days and no one has contacted me so this is definitely a scam.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2022, 07:04 PM   #2
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

I wish we could end all of these scams.....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 02-11-2022, 07:18 PM   #3
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,805 Times in 3,503 Posts

The price alone woulda been a red light for me . I got two 8 pounders of Unique today from a semi local shop and that was $279.99 before tax per 8 pounder .
Unread 02-12-2022, 08:41 AM   #4
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,639 Times in 1,684 Posts

Tom thanks for the tip.
I really thought by now you would see a trickle of powder available through the normal retail channels. If anything the situation is worse. Powder on GB is $50-$80 per pound. I check my local guy and the internet retailers on a regular basis and nothing in stock for months. No wonder everyone hoards.
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 02-12-2022, 08:50 AM   #5
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,805 Times in 3,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
Tom thanks for the tip.
I really thought by now you would see a trickle of powder available through the normal retail channels. If anything the situation is worse. Powder on GB is $50-$80 per pound. I check my local guy and the internet retailers on a regular basis and nothing in stock for months. No wonder everyone hoards.
A semi local to me shop got a shipment from Alliant Thursday afternoon . I’ve got a friend that works there and he gave me a call first thing Friday morning and I made the hour or so drive to get the Unique . There price wasn’t cheap at $35@pound but it is reasonable compared to most of the others I’ve seen as of late .
Unread 02-12-2022, 09:18 AM   #6
Pa SxS
Research Chairman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,020 Times in 1,432 Posts

I think powder is trickling in to shops but goes out the door before ever hitting the shelves. Insider trading. It's who you know.
Chuck Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chuck Bishop For Your Post:
Unread 02-12-2022, 10:11 AM   #7
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,126 Times in 434 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop View Post
I think powder is trickling in to shops but goes out the door before ever hitting the shelves. Insider trading. It's who you know.
I started seeing this scam several months ago. Rifle bullets are unobtainable in all but a few really major demand areas. I started seeing a lot of websites with tremendous numbers of product listings, all of which weemed to be available. Things like bullets, reloasding dies of every flavor etc. Most I found seemed to list Texas and Tennessee as home. All required pyment through some never heard of payment service. No answer on phone, email or chat. I have seen a few Gunbroker sellers starting this now.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arthur Shaffer For Your Post:
Unread 02-12-2022, 10:16 AM   #8
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,639 Times in 1,684 Posts

Finally Hodgdon, Remington and Federal are waking up and offering online sales direct to the consumer. I was able to buy two cases of Remington Gun Club 20ga shells for a total cost of $11.00/ box. Federal also had 20's in stock, direct. Unfortunately neither deliver to New York so I had to have them shipped to a friends business in PA. Fortunately he lives a mile from me and visits his PA shop once a week and is kind enough to transport them home. The crap you have to go endure to shoot your guns!!!
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 02-12-2022, 11:58 AM   #9
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,004 Times in 1,413 Posts

In my observation powder has been and continues to be the most difficult component to find. Primers have been showing up every few weeks, especially Cheddites at BPI. Brownells had some Cheddites this week. I have seen small amounts of domestic made primers available, mostly Federal but some CCI, no Winchesters. Wads are available on-line and in some gun stores. Shot can be had easily if you are willing to pay the higher prices for it.
Unread 02-12-2022, 03:00 PM   #10
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
The price alone woulda been a red light for me . I got two 8 pounders of Unique today from a semi local shop and that was $279.99 before tax per 8 pounder .
That's what I thought Craig. I have been on other sites and they show an item price and when you go to check out the price changes, usually on the increase. Apparently this site lists that they have primers and powder, but they cannot be contacted. They show a "Pay Pal" option at check out. I have had major problems with Pay Pal in the past and don't go anywhere near Pay Pal.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post: