Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

First post and I have questions!
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:11 AM   #1
Ross Thomas
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default First post and I have questions!

First off let me say I have learned a lot on this site about my Parker and thanks for that. Now like many newbies I have questions that may be addressed somewhere and I have not found the thread with the answer - so let me ask for patients with my requests

My canvas and leather gun bag that I got with the gun is that an original Parker accessory or just an old style bag/case from years ago.

I'm unfortunately at a time where I'm going to need to sell my gun and I know the rule about trying to sell here and asking for a price, I'm trying not to cross that line. So here goes... are Bluebook prices anywhere in the ballpark on Parker selling price. Of course askin' and getin' is relative in anything when trying to sell and Bluebooks line that I see on many values "retail prices maybe 20% higher" and on Parkers do ejectors really add as much as 50% to collector value?

Well that's maybe too much for a first post so I'll attach some pictures, you guys always say "give us pictures" and I can add to my lack of knowledge by asking who decides about grading the quality of your gun?

Thanks again

Please see my Album here:

http://parkerguns.org/forums/album.php?albumid=528

Edit by John D. to add the link above
Ross Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #2
Hammer Gun
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,868 Times in 1,673 Posts

Ross, Unfortunatly your pictures did not come through, think you have to be a member to post them, again not sure but if you are not a member you should be with your interest in your Parkers. best 40.00 bucks you will ever spend period! Gary
Gary Carmichael Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary Carmichael Sr For Your Post:
Unread 01-30-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
Blue Collar
PGCA Member

Member Info

Gary etal, his photos can be seen in an album titled "My Parker Pictures 1928 12 ga "V"" via his profile.
Unread 01-30-2014, 08:14 AM   #4
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,227 Times in 834 Posts

Let's see if I can't get his post squared away above... Hang on....
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 01-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #5
wayne goerres
Forum Associate

Member Info

The case is just an old case. Your pics are to small and I cant enlarge them but it looks like a nice v grade.
wayne goerres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 09:54 AM   #6
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,121 Posts

John D ,You are a Great Guy !
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #7
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 18,491 Times in 4,751 Posts

The biggest variable in determining value is original condition. Your photos are hard to really tell detail since they are small. But general condition can be gleened from them. You appear to have a sound original condition gun that has been well used, but also likely well maintained. Screws appear to be good and for the post part untouched. Wood looks sound and finish appears to likely be original and un-fooled with. Buttplate is broken. Case coloring in unprotected areas looks to be pretty much gone. Possibly a reasonable amount left under top lever and falling down onto the upper part of the frame's sides. I would say Case color finish maybe at 30%. Barrel blue is hard to tell from the photos. And bore condition is another big thing to consider. I would call the gun to be overall maybe a 40-50% gun. Book value being $2,500 to $3,000 plus 25-30% for Ejectors. So call it $3,000 to $3,700 BOOK value.

Being the gun is more of a hunter/shooter than a collector gun, it would be desireable to people looking to use it as so. In my opinion, those Book values are pretty aggressive given the current market on these guns in that condition. I would call a market price to be more around the $2k mark.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 01-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #8
Ross Thomas
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanks for all the help. Sorry about the small pictures I should have posted larger as apposed to fast loading. When I get some time I will correct some of that. It's hard to show the bores but they are in great condition. I've never fired the gun in the 35 years that I've had it and it came from a collector (I'll post that story sometime everyone may find that an interesting tale). Thanks again for the help.
Ross Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross Thomas For Your Post: