Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Recipe's
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Brian Dillard
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Recipe's

OK...I think there should be an addition to the forum called Game Recipe's. Every year when season rolls around I have to dig thru my old files to find duck, pheasant and dove recipe's that I've used in the past....why not have each post their best of on this forum and we can all give it a try.

Keep em simple enough for everyone to follow and since this is a Parker Gun Fourm...no big game recipe's, only birds.

Thoughts?

Brian
Brian Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,196 Posts

That's not a bad idea...
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
C Roger Giles
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have a better idea, why not have a page or two deacated to recipes in the Parker pages.

Any comments Austin and others.

PTG Rog
C Roger Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,196 Posts

Problem with that is I will forget what issue the recipes are in So I agree it would be a good idea for the PP but let's list it on the BBS so I can find it next year. Eric
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

Heat fryer oil to 350, put anything from diced eel to a ptarmigan breast in a bag of Golden Dipt breading mix and shake, drop breaded game in fryer 'till golden brown. Serve outdoors with cold beer.

On a serious note, Brian makes a good point, I am always looking for new ways to cook game (especially that don't involve the fryer) and I'm not very good at saving recipes. Posting some here would be a great reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8283.jpg (57.4 KB, 11 views)
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Brian Dillard
Forum Associate

Member Info

[QUOTE=Eric Eis;5359]Problem with that is I will forget what issue the recipes are in.

That's my thoughts on the nose. I have many good ones that I refer back to however each year it's like a needle in the haystack trying to find them. If we had a place here (even one we could vote on for best of the best!!) then each of us would know right where to look each season.

Brian
Unread 10-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #7
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,959 Times in 4,798 Posts

You guys are taking your lives in your hands if you don't include rabbit and squirrel in the recipe file. I won't mention any names, but you could be in for a fight.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
Brian Dillard
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
You guys are taking your lives in your hands if you don't include rabbit and squirrel in the recipe file. I won't mention any names, but you could be in for a fight.
Bill, you're correct. What I should have said is "Parker killed game recipe's". I forgot about small game ie squirrels and rabbit as I don't hunt them any more. Just didn't want to flood the thread with deer, stag, antelope...killed with rifles.

Dave, nothing wrong with a fryer. Take that pheasant breast with salt and pepper, put a grilled pepper of your liking stuffed with brie cheese inside it, wrap with a slice of bacon and wooden tooth pick it together, dredge it in your mixture and then fry it.
Unread 10-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,475 Times in 12,440 Posts

There's nothing like fresh snowshoe hare on the grille. When I'm at deer camp and there's snow on the ground I am always on the lookout for that black marble eyeball against a completely white background. When I spot one I simply aim for that black marble with my . . . ah . . . my Parker, yeah that's it, my Parker and put the bunny in the game pouch of my deer hunting jacket. Back at camp I simply quarter it (actually it's in five pieces including the backbone with backstraps and loins) and grille it with nothing on it. It tastes just like the dark meat of a turkey - one of my favorite meals.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote