View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2022, 10:09 AM   #5
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Hunting with my brother in law three seasons ago I was slightly behind him and twenty yards to the right of him when he shot a woodcock that had flushed from the base of an old apple tree. He killed the woodcock but two pellets ricocheted off the apple branches one hitting my vest and the other going through my shirtsleeve and under the skin of my forearm for 3/8" and exited. A bloody little wound but it healed up fine.

Many years ago while shooting Skeet the shooter was taking the high house 8 bird and a sizable chunk of it spun off and hit the barrels of my Repro 20 leaving a nick on the rib which stayed there even after using a Frontier pad on it. I was well behind and to the left of the shooter. Now I hold my gun behind me while waiting my turn at that station.

Thirtyfive or so years ago I was at my local club shooting skeet one week night . This was the second or third time I'd had my first K-32 out with the new to me K-80 Bavarian Grade wood . Anyway all was well and I was shooting well . Got around to station 7 stepped on the pad broke the high bird then broke the low bird reloaded and called for the pair . The low bird came out broken and a big hunk of that bird flew left right down the side of my nice "new to me" Bavarian Grade forend wood . It wasn't the worlds worst clay target scratch but as you might think I was definitely not pleased .