View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2023, 10:56 PM   #28
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hornacek View Post
Well I have shot many a 25 in skeet with full and full. My happiest day ever was shooting a 25 with my 34” hammer gun, O frame with 0.044 and 0.044. I have logged more 23’s than I can count with it but 25 is a bit tricky as the mind game closes in on station 8 :-). The best practice I have ever done is with tight chokes on a skeet field, to repeat the above……when your in the zone it all plays out and some days when I say “that gun is not shooting where I am looking!” I am nowhere near the mindset I need to be in to shoot well.

Happy shooting everyone and shoot what you like, with the choke you like, as much as you can.
I can relate ! I used to help out with the home club skeet league and you had for lack of a better term “up and coming” shooters with their nice new O/U tube spouting off about this that or the other . And yes before you say it I know I got that description years ago . Anyway after the league is finished usually I’ll grill burgers and dogs for them and maybe shoot a couple rounds . So one year I drug out a Grade 2 10 gauge 3 frame 32” that was tight and tighter . And the up coming hotdogs wanted to shoot also , so around we go ! I put 25 black clouds in the sky to their utter amazement and then we’d hit a second round . Wish I could say I went 50x50 , but 49x50 was enough to outdo them all But in their defense I’ve been shooting skeet longer than some of those guys have been on the face of the earth . So you might say even thou the gun in their words handicapped me , I still had an advantage from having done it so much longer and not getting wound up about it .