View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2023, 09:32 AM   #24
Richard Mason
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Cronkhite View Post
Anything in the oven is 350 degrees. Always have to stay on top of time as the meat is dryer than chicken and if overdone texture is way off. I usually handle the meat like this:

All thigh and shotup breast is ground and fast cooked in fry pan then frozen in convenient sized containers to be used in any recipe one has for ground chicken or turkey. Eg: chilis stuffed peppers lasagna meat sauces.
For meat balls they must be prepared and formed first. Then cooked then either used right away or frozen for later.

The breast filets are frozen separately and when there are sufficient I just fast fry them in butter until golden brown. Use as finger food or even as a topping on a pizza.

The breasts are frozen and used later in any recipe you like. Lots are posted on the hunting sub forum

I dine like royalty during pheasant season. And that’s where my hunting has ended. Just chase pheasants but have taken all manner of big game and other birds since the 1950s. I have been blessed to live where there is no end of game out there. Hunter numbers are down as firearms have been vilified by liberal governments since the 1980s. Firearms owners are equally vilified. It is the expressed goal of the liberals since the 1980s to end civilian ownership of firearms. Yet all they do is tackle law abiding licenced firearms owners but not the real problem of illegal criminal use of firearms. Right now they are in a coalition of an even farther left party and they are using political tactics that essentially bypass our parliament. No debate. No consultation. Hate to say it but the manner of going forward has more the appearance of a dictatorship than a democracy. I know without a doubt that I have lived through the best of times as a hunter. I don’t see grandchildren ever being able to experience that.☹️ Well unless they move south
You sir are so correct , we have been so lucky to see the best years ever for hunting I think

Getting harder and harder to get permission, the lefty goverment wants to take all our guns , thank goodness we live in the west
My wife is from Sask , I just moved back to to Alberta from Saskatchewan and will retire and live my last years down here in pheasant country , Taber
Richard Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Mason For Your Post: