View Single Post
Unread 06-07-2022, 10:41 PM   #4
Timothy Salgado
PGCA Member

Member Info

Troy, it’s not going to be easy, follow up with the oncologist.
We just went through this last year with our ten year old Labrador, breast tumors/ cancer found in July 2020- surgery and biopsy determined an aggressive cancer. Referred to an oncologist, who told us at the consultation the he could not guarantee he could save our dog. We opted to have her go through the chemotherapy from September through December and what appeared to be a success. Unfortunately at the follow up appointment in March of 2021 the oncologist spotted something on her lung X-ray and a reading by a radiologist determined cancer in one of her lungs. Discussion with the oncologist was that the only treatment would be an inhibitor drug, very expensive and necessary for the remainder of her life with no guarantee it would work or that she wouldn’t have side effect problems. We opted to stop treatments and just let her enjoy life for what time she had left. We gave her a good Spring and Summer and I had hoped we could get out for a few hunts in October, but that was not to be, her health went down hill and she passed away on November 17, 2021.

I hope this helps, I know it was a little long winded but I wanted you to know how involved this can get. We’ll keep you and your family in our prayers,
Good luck and take care.
Tim
Timothy Salgado is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Timothy Salgado For Your Post: