View Single Post
Our New Addition
Unread 05-05-2022, 11:16 PM   #1
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Our New Addition

My better half and i have had Labs for 38 years. Over that time we whelped three litters and had five in the house at one time. After our last one passed we decided to take a break. It's been 5 years since we had a dog and we have been talking about it for the last year. I figured that if we were patient an opportunity would knock. Well 2 weeks ago opportunity knocked. A manager at the Publix where our daughter works said he had a dog that he wanted to find a good home for. Well as they say I was over ruled by the female vote.
So 2 weeks ago jade, a 2 and 1/2 year old black female Lab came home to us. We were told that she was crate trained. Not true, they used the crate for punishment and that is a huge NO NO. The previous owner also said she was good off lead and he used a shock collar. When he picked up the shock collar this poor dog dropped to her belly on the floor. Needless to say the collar did not come home with us. Not patting myself on the back but after just two days with us she was a totally different dog. She is probably the most loving and a big cuddle bug. I honestly believe she thinks she died and went to heaven. She is coming along really well and in time she is going to be a great addition to the family.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1271.jpg (507.4 KB, 5 views)
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post: