View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #7
DMason
Forum Associate

Member Info

Alcaviglia,

Thank you so much for your great reply. I am sorry this reply is so late. I had typed a reply back on Saturday but I wasn't properly logged in and nothing was posted.
I did manage to get the lever, cam and locking bolt off a few weeks ago. I wish I had your information back then, it would have saved me so much time on my work bench.
I [U]did[U] almost continue knocking the cam downwards, but luckily I was tapping softly and only just made contact with the receiver framework. No damage done. Then on a hunch I turned it around and tapped it upwards and voila, it came out.
I did remove the locking bolt beforehand, fortunately.
After a thorough scrubbing of all the parts and inside of the receiver, I started the task of reassembly. Easier said than done. this is the first time I have taken down any of my guns that have a V spring! And being a double barrel, it has two!
I cannot for the life of me compress either of them far enough to get the hammer(s) in place and pivot screws back in. HELP!
I'm sure if I had a third hand, the task would not be too hard, but I am working alone, and getting suficiant compression on the V spring doesn't leave me with a free hand to position the hammer properly so as to get the pivot pin in place.
Any help with my new challenge will be greatly appreciated!
I think the way to go will be to use a vise or clamp or both to hold the spring down, but as of yet haven't found a position or set up that doesen't just slip downwards on the spring.
I am also worried that I am putting too much pressure on the forward screw that holds the V spring down at the narrow part of the "V". I think it (they) are starting to bend slightly as I try to push down on the wide part of the spring(s).
I look forward to your sage words of help.
Dan.
P.s. Your photos are great, my camera is out of order and my cell phone camera won't take a clear enough shot to post.

Last edited by Dan Mason; 02-10-2014 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Spelled other member's name wrong.
Dan Mason is offline   Reply With Quote