View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2010, 04:45 PM   #25
Feathersjr
PGCA Member

Member Info

Gentlemen:

The price quoted was $300 for the conversion from ST to DT. He has converted a number of Parkers. He tells me that the only difference after the conversion is that I will lose the automatic safety feature. That is, the safety will not reset after the gun has been fired and the breech opened. In which case I will have to remember to put the safety back on. Since I already have several shotguns that don't have an automatic safety reset I don't see a problem with this feature. As other PGCA members have indicated there is some wood work involved, partially causing the loss of the automatic safety feature. The gun is to be completed and returned to me within 3 weeks from his receipt. He has kept his timeline on other Parker DHE Reproductions and his work has been excellent. As soon as I receive the gun back and have a chance to shoot it several times I will post the results.

As you might suspect, the ability to convert from a ST to a DT motivated me too buy this gun and look seriously at a couple of others. I realize I am going against the advice of several very experienced members in attempting this conversion and hope it works out as anticipated. I am too damn old to do it any other way !!!

John

Last edited by John R. Richards; 11-30-2010 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Additional wording and spelling corrections
John R. Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John R. Richards For Your Post: