View Single Post
Unread 03-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #15
DMason
Forum Associate

Member Info

Well, where did that month go? Boring details took me away from my guns!

Al, I din't know if you are logging in lately, but I just got back to my Ithaca Lewis project and have decided to put the cleaned out action back together again just to do a function test. The refinishing of the steel and furniture will be continued shortly. I have some time back on my side for this project. I already have run into a reassembly challenge. I have the barrel locking bolt with the spring, the bolt straddle , the cam, the retaining screw and the top lever, all in place. However, I don't think I know how and where to position the straddle block and it's holding screw to the barrel bolt. I tightened the straddle screw where I thought it should be and the top lever works but is quite left of center in the closed position and seems to have too much distance to travel before I see the lever's barrel latch clear the gap.

Is there a procedure to aligning and fixing the straddle block in place?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

By the way, cleaned and sanded parts (all internals of the receiver and the barrel) did very well in transmission fluid. Not even a hint of rusting and the oil is so light, I could get right too work on all parts with just a little wipe...

Hope all reader's Ithacas are in tip top shape.

Dan
Dan Mason is offline   Reply With Quote