Thread: Almost Done
View Single Post
Unread 04-19-2022, 01:28 PM   #8
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

hope the stock holds up about all I shoot are heavy and magnum loads....I busted a stevens stock one time by doing the old string and being around the corner thing..put the stock against a pine log when I pulled the trigger it latterly broke the stock in several pieaces..busted and broke the cheek panals plum off the gun.brokre the wrist half into...lots of damage to the stock...the round I shot was a 3 1/2 inch magnum I had rechambered it to the 3 1/2 inch shell...I picked up all of the pieaces of the stock I could find...several days later I decided I would try to fix the stock instead of getting a used one... I got some gorillia glue some long wood screws glued and glass beaded that stock...put the stock back on the gun and done the string test again only this time the gun wasfree floating nothing behind the stock...I put a box of 3 1/2 inch shells thru the gun thus proofing the barrels and the stock...that was 15 years ago the gun has been on lots of duck hunt and turkey hunts its my wet weather gun...its held together mighty well I m sure your stock will hold up under heavy loads as mine has...in fact I ve got to pretty up the stock some day you can still see all the glue and screws that hold this old stevens together...ever time I see them screws I think about the day I tied her to the pine log....charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post: