Display
Unread 09-22-2022, 06:59 PM   #17
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
Tom I don’t remmember anyone putting out a display at Backwoods last year ? I assume you could do it in the clubhouse room where folks eat ?
Craig, about four years ago David Dwyer and I wanted to have a Parker Display at the Fall Southern. David made some calls and received no interest. Then David asked for a banner for the table. No Interest until a fine Virginia gentleman, said he had a banner we could use. I did some foot work with Rick Hemmingway who was more than supportive. Then I received a call from david Dwyer and he said the display was not going to happen. He did not elaborate.
The PGCA held their annual meeting at the Fall Southern almost ten years ago. David Dwyer arranged it and from what I was told it was a very nice affair except for a number of members complaining that it was TOO far away.
The same thing happened with the Youth Shoot. David Dwyer and I had everything in place. We had a couple of other members on board also and then the board of directors at that time squashed it. So IMHO there is something about the Fall Southern is why the PGCA is not interested. I know the first thing many will throw out for a reason is it is bird hunting season. That is NOT the reason. The same two men bust their buts and put on both venues but the Fall Southern falls by the way side.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post: