Unread 12-06-2021, 02:06 PM   #9
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,574 Times in 3,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Losey View Post
nice - real nice

I have a friend that has a large custom setter weather vane on his pole barn that his wife had made from a photo - mine is much simpler and lighter.

it's really amazing the variety of hunting dog - and especially setter - decorative items that were made in the early to mid 20th century- that is quite a display. most of my small hoard is packed away for lack of display space. One of my favorite finds was a Victorian era chocolate mold of a setter's head - lots of detail in it. I make those occasionally for special occasions - like puppy pick up days to give to the other new owners

this is a heavy sheet iron sign bracket I found a couple years ago - still need to design a sign to hang from it (one thought was something like "bird dogs spoiled here while you wait"

I'd be happy to display that nice piece here at the farm...and I'd even make a sign for it.
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: