View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2021, 01:42 PM   #8
OH Osthaus
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,152 Times in 3,258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
Kitsch, smisch. The Gordon on the weathervane tells me when the wind is right to hunt, and the one on the door of my studio/barn warns off art critics. And there are plenty of setters of all kinds inside.

nice - real nice

I have a friend that has a large custom setter weather vane on his pole barn that his wife had made from a photo - mine is much simpler and lighter.

it's really amazing the variety of hunting dog - and especially setter - decorative items that were made in the early to mid 20th century- that is quite a display. most of my small hoard is packed away for lack of display space. One of my favorite finds was a Victorian era chocolate mold of a setter's head - lots of detail in it. I make those occasionally for special occasions - like puppy pick up days to give to the other new owners

this is a heavy sheet iron sign bracket I found a couple years ago - still need to design a sign to hang from it (one thought was something like "bird dogs spoiled here while you wait"