View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #30
Jack Kuzepski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Steve,

An interesting thought is that shooting a pump is not too much of a handicap. Several years ago I was giving some shooting tips to a younger (30 something) shooter at the skeet range. He was practicing before his father in law showed up. He said he needed the practice because his father in law shot an over under and always beat him; he was shooting a full choked well used model 12 Winchester. So I asked him "doesn't that gun almost eject the shell on its own?" He said that it did but he had to push the forend forward and that kind of threw him off on doubles. So I told him that he really had the advantage. When he held the forend in his left hand, let the first finger sit along the side of the forend and when the gun was fired let the shell almost eject itsself but when he pushed forward on the forend to point his finger toward the second target and remount the gun to his face in a smooth motion. He said he'd try it. I pulled skeet for the pair of them when the father in law showed up. They shot the usual 2 rounds of skeet. Father in law shot his usual 46 out of 50. Son in law ran 2 straights.

Jack Kuzepski
Jack Kuzepski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Kuzepski For Your Post: