Thread: UP
View Single Post
Unread 10-26-2022, 09:55 PM   #10
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,771 Times in 2,005 Posts

Another great day here, but now am by myself. My buddy Terry left this morning, after getting a lot of trail camera pictures of a huge buck he has been after. He is into bow hunting big deer like I am into grouse, so next 10 days by myself. I typically shoot a lot of birds when I am by myself--dont have to share points and shots. Went on a big hunt today, and wore myself and Willie out. Left the truck at 8:45, and got back at 4:00, and still didnt cover it all. The little G Forrester 20 hammer took 4 grouse--the limit is 5, and well, shoulda, woulda, coulda, but didn't .Almost ran out of shells, only had 2 in the gun when I got back. Didnt even shoot over the 4 WC points. The little VHE 20 has yet to be carried.
Talked to Brett Hoops today, he was excited as 1st grouse was shot over his young dog Red, by his buddy. S o happy he is out there.
For those that dont know, Brett suffered a life altering stroke last October. I have kept many of you in the loop, as Brett and I live less than an hour away, and talk frequently. He is carrying a walking stick instead of a gun, but is working hard trying to get back to some kind of normal.
I will post pictures by phone after this post.