View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2022, 03:49 PM   #14
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,003 Times in 464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Excuse me for coming in late, Milton, but what glue do you use to make a wad stay in place, especially an over shot wad when the load is not crimped? I need a glue that will work on plastic shells as well as paper. How about brass?
I have read duco cement works well and it burns up since its highly flammable. I have played around with gorilla glue on a few loads with the plastic Winchester cases. I wouldn't recommend it or any glue that expands like that. The top 2 glues I see recommended especially for all brass shells is a hot glue gun or duco. Water glass is often mentioned but the cure time on it seems to be the longest.

If you wanted to find out which glue is going to hold the overshot card in place the best you could load a few dummy rounds with different glues and toss them in a tumbler and see which holds up the best.

I find the best way to keep the overshot card from shifting around is to have it sitting flush on top of a shotcup, works essentially like a tiny manhole cover. Keeps the overshot card from bending/conforming to the shot column as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 278133713_657463125318643_1958125939997427523_n.jpg (278.2 KB, 0 views)
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote