View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #9
Wild Skies
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,617 Times in 988 Posts

The below Production Chart is copied from above is known to be in error, in need of updating and then reinstated as either a sticky in the Parker Reproductions sub-forum or accessed on the "Parker Reproduction by Winchester" listing via the "Parker Grades" from the left hand column on the "Home page".

DHE 28 Gauge 4,203
DHE 20 Gauge 5,800
DHE 12 Gauge 2,137
DHE 12 Gauge Steel Shot 350
DHE 12 Gauge Sporting Clays 125
DHE 410 Gauge 33
BHE 28 Gauge 7
BHE 20 Gauge 100
BHE 12 Gauge 100
BHE 410 Gauge 9
A-1 Factory Engraved, All Gauges 150
A-1 Custom Engraved, All Gauges 300
A-1 28/.410 Combo 16
Plus 500 16 Ga barrel sets that fit on the 0 frame 20ga DHE

The below are some things to consider when updating the Production Chart. I believe frame sizes ought to be considered when updating the chart.

* 16 A-1 Special 28/.410 sets were produced--these obviously were built on a 00-frame.

* 9 BHE .410 guns were produced--no frame size is listed, but it's assumed these were on a 0000-frame, right? If we assume Sisley's reporting is accurate -- as he did interview Jack Skeuse for the article, we know at least 33 0000-frame guns were completed, but we don't know what grade they were finished out in. From a pic which was previously posted we see that it is a 0000-frame BHE and it is #52, so it can be assumed there are at least 52 BHEs, or more, on a 0000-frame out there--and there were 100 more 0000-frame guns at the time of Sisley's article that were started. We do know that Gournet engraved some of those as A-1 Specials, but we don't know how many he finished or if he, or other gunsmiths, finished them and in what grades.

* 33 DHE .410 guns were produced, but we don't know what frame size they were built on--were they on a 00 or 0000-frame?? Where did this quantity of 33 come from, was it the Sisley article?

* Do we know how many stand-alone Repro .410s were built on a 00-frame? I have asked this question several times and never received a response from anyone that has actually seen or heard of one.

* Do we know the number of DHE 28/.410 00-frame sets that were built?

* Do we know how many factory same gauge 3-bbl. sets were produced? I know of at least one shown in this forum, there could be others. How about bi-gauge 3-bbl. factory sets? (I personally have a problem considering a 20/16 3-bbl. set as being "original factory built")

Maybe there are no answers to the above, but if you're like me and enjoy the hobby, you'd like to know. At the very least, it appears the production chart could use a little help. Again, it's our collective knowledge that can provide that help.

There are several things we have learned and found concerning Parker Reproductions regarding the Production Chart above:

1. We now know and have seen pics of at least three 0000-frame BHE .410s produced that have DHE-style engraving. I believe these ought to be noted in a revised Production Chart. I believe everyone would have to agree that this is rare, odd and unusual -- even in the world of Parkers.

2. The Parker Reproduction Production Chart above states that there were 9 BHE .410s built. We have seen pics of B .410-0045 and B .410-0052 (both of these and another of which I don't have the S/N) happen to be built on 4/0 frames. It appears from these serial numbers that there were at least 52 built -- and there's probably more out there. The Sisley article corroborates these findings.

3. There are no BHE .410/28 sets mentioned in the Production Chart. We now know there is one and only one BHE .410/28 set ever produced. This is documented by a copy of a type-written letter by J.T. Skeuse, the President of Parker Reproductions to Leslie Blumberg.

4. The Sisley interview of Jack Skeuse stated there were actually 6050 20-ga. DHEs produced, the chart above shows 5800 built.

5. Commemorative and special editions, i.e.: the NSFL, BBHS and SSS guns ought to be listed separately as each series were assigned their own set of serial numbers.

Given the above, I respectfully request that the Production Chart be reinstated, revised and updated to show these Parker Repros found. And going forward, as additional information comes to light, further revisions be made at that time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greg Baehman For Your Post: