View Single Post
Unread 10-21-2022, 08:45 AM   #7
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,563 Times in 3,072 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
Great pictures and beautiful dogs Garry, one day may have to get a Gordon. I am in Escanaba, Mi as I type , and boots will be on the ground tomorrow. Drove 725 miles today. I cant get into my new-to-me cabin until Sat afternoon. Will drive north tomorrow to hunt some covers I havent been into for years, and promising new areas found on OnX. Will spend tomorrow night at cabin with my best friend Terry, and then both of us will move into the new place on Sat for 2 weeks. I dodged the snow/weather bullet. Talked to Kenny Graft, SXS Ohio, he will get into Maine tonight.
Brett Hoops is in N. Wisconsin with a friend. He is able to get 4-5 miles/day, but generally carrying a walking stick instead of a gun, but I am so happy that he is trying to persevere and still get out there.
Post more pictures, and I will try to do the same

Harold, I'm so glad to read your report -- that you and Kenny (I hope with his lovely Miss Ruby) are on the prowl. I'm especially happy to know that Brett made it north and is getting his miles in. Good luck, good shooting, and above all, savor your time in the coverts. We only have a limited number of days, and never know when we've hunted our last covert.

Yes, please post photos! Do it on this thread and maybe others who are chasing grouse at present will do so, too. Maybe even Brett will chime in??
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: