View Single Post
Unread 04-30-2022, 10:39 AM   #9
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,177 Times in 631 Posts

Thanks Breck! You played a big roll is this as well.

The welds were strong they just went into the bores. I had about given up on how to get the the bores cleaned up from the welding process. I got several professional opinions and it wasn't looking good. In fact, I had gotten to the point that sleeving was going to be my only option and I was really excited about that. This the frame size of this early lifter if you measure the firing pins and frame dimensions fall somewhere between a 3 and 4. Parker must not have standardize the frame sizes at this point and I knew finding another set of barrels was unlikely.

Then Breck reached out to me a few months after the Southern last year and had talked about the barrels with someone who know Glenn Fewless and said the he could probably fix them...which he did.

Then the barrels went back to Breck for refinishing which was a more involved process as the barrels had been well used. It seemed that Breck had to do a lot more prep with these than usual.

Very thankful for all of the help. I had several PGCA members checking in with me asking how the project was going. All of it was worth it.

I can't type how happy I am about how this Parker turned out and how much fun I was having shooting this gun yesterday. Looking forward to showing it off at some future events/shoots
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: