View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2024, 09:34 AM   #26
Bill
Forum Associate

Member Info

I was hit hard by the news of Buck's passing as we had been talking less than 2 months before then. I had Buck work on a large number of guns with large and small projects in the 35-40 years we talked.

I met him at his home in Pevely in early 1980s where I went to pick up one gun he had restored for me. I was from MO in Rolla and was flying back to see my folks so swung down to visit with Buck and pick up the latest project.

We developed I think a good friendly relationship over the next 35 years and miss him terribly because he taught me so much and had a very dry sense of humor I enjoyed. I have not been back into MO for several years and now regret not making another trip to see him as he was a real craftsman and dear friend.

I remember the time he told me his real first name, Carleton. He did not like it at all and told me if I ever called him by that name he would not have anything further to do with me. LOL

I sent a condolence card as soon as I heard, but that is an inadequate way to say good by to someone I spoke to so often over the years and considered a friend. He is missed!
William Eddleman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Eddleman For Your Post: