View Single Post
They may not be Parkers...
Unread 02-07-2023, 08:56 PM   #1
T. Eding
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default They may not be Parkers...

These two Hunter Arms Fultons may not be Parkers, but they have been my entrance into vintage side by sides. The 20 on the left I got from an older gentleman a few years back for a song. It was his wife's gun, who sadly passed away some time in the 70's, upon which time he put it in the safe and didn't touch it until it came to me. It has an old refinish job on the wood, but is in otherwise excellent shape. I shoot it better than I should and carry it often in the grouse and woodcock woods chasing my red setter.

I liked it so much I decided to pick up the 16 on the right last year that I believe to be in excellent original condition. They are not Parkers but I have found them to be well made pieces of American craftsmanship from a different era. Not many people my age (mid 20's) appreciate older guns, especially doubles, but I am definitely hooked. I started down the rabbit hole the last few years of reading Burt Spiller, William Harnden Foster, and more, and am starting to believe I was born in the wrong era. Very glad to have found this outstanding group. While I don't have one yet I am hoping to add a Parker 16 in the coming years and start down the Parker Journey.

Fultons.jpg

Fultons2.jpg
Tyler Eding is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Tyler Eding For Your Post: