View Single Post
Unread 01-30-2021, 04:49 PM   #8
Jay Oliver
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,214 Times in 641 Posts

Hi Andy,

This time last year I wasn’t too worried about reloading either, as you can see from the picture I have changed my mind. Like others, my main reason was customization and if you saved money it was a bonus(I do think I will save money reloading 410 shells). Now though, I think having the ability to make shells to shoot(when the shelves are empty) is important too.

Like Matt, I started out on a used 12 gauge MEC 600 Jr. Then someone gave me a used MEC progressive press in 28 gauge, but I didn’t like it(too much going on at once). When I discovered how much fun a Parker 10 gauge could be, I bought another MEC 600 Jr. in 10 gauge. In the past 3 months I bought a press in every other gauge I shoot(10-410) all MEC 600 Jrs. I set up the 28 gauge at my Dad’s place as that is all he shoots and he wanted to load some for the both of us.

Since you already reload for pistol and rifle it will be an easy transition. I have also been able to get components recently. I have bought powder locally. From online, I just received an order of 20 and 16 gauge wads and primed hulls. If you see primers certainly get them. I am not necessarily using my preferred recipes given I can’t find some powders, instead I am making due the components I can get. I am making it work and I am enjoying it as well.

I just bought my MEC600 Jr in 410 directly from MEC. I have gotten the others, from reloading companies and the 20 and 28 I bought in like new condition off Ebay. If you do buy one, don’t forget to order the short kit(people make their own, but I always take the lazy way out on this).

This forum is a great resource for reloading help as well. I have asked reloading question about every gauge Parker I have and our great members have pointed me in the right direction.

Good Luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ReloadRoom.jpg (377.9 KB, 7 views)
Jay Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay Oliver For Your Post: