View Single Post
Unread 08-09-2022, 11:16 PM   #4
John Knobelsdorf II
PGCA Member

Member Info

Welcome to you Rob.

Thank you for sharing your story and your enthusiasm with us. We feel the same enthusiasm.

Hope you get some of the classic books soon.

Such as: “Parker Gun, Identification and Serialization” by Price & Fjestad. If you don’t get this now, you may be like me, get it later and wish I had it a lot earlier. A lot of information to get your basic grounding in the aspects of Parker Bros guns.

Such as: the Trojan grade began production in 1912 (went on into 1939).

Going by the serial number provided, this one was produced in 1929. The details match that serial number in Price & Fjestad. Based on the serialization book, I expect the barrels will be 26 inches.

Another good one is: Parker Guns "the Old Reliable" by Ed Muderlak.

If you want more access within the site, upgrade from an Associate to an Annual Member. Click on “Membership” at: https://parkerguns.org/

Membership pays for itself if you order a letter from the association about the details from the factory records.

Just drenching yourself in the information at this site can be a sufficient education in its own right.

Oh, and I have a quick story about a button on an iPad that taught me the lesson that it is wise for SOMEONE ELSE to work with my wife when she is trying to familiarize herself with a firearm (or any other hazardous tool).

Meghan Superczynski, for Boss Shotshells, Bridgman, Michigan
John Knobelsdorf II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Knobelsdorf II For Your Post: