Unread 04-07-2022, 10:38 AM   #82
Stan Hoover
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,297 Times in 629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
Stan,
I assume you restocked it for shoot-ability and dimensions? The new comb does look a bit higher than the original one. The stock work looks perfect, great form!
Thanks Brian,

Since the existing stock was not original, I wanted to make it true to what a Grade 3 would look like.

The letter stated that it would have had a skeleton butt plate, so we added that and I also copied the Grade 3 Ball grip from the 12 that I currently have.
Now this gun I don’t believe had a completely checkered ball grip from new, but I just really admire the fully checkered Parker ball grip.

The reason I don’t think this originally had the fully checkered ball grip, I had the good fortune of connecting with a fellow member who has the consecutive serial number to this gun which is also a 16 Lifter. These 2 16 gauge lifters were ordered by the same gentleman in 1879, and the letter shows they were pretty much ordered as identical guns.
The replacement stock dimensions had a fair amount of drop, but I shot it fairly well surprisingly. I did bring the new stock dimensions closer to some of the other lifters I currently use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04DC9901-5FA7-4F6A-9A36-1A216A769C23.jpg (491.1 KB, 5 views)
Stan Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hoover For Your Post: