Thread: Help with Crass
View Single Post
Help with Crass
Unread 05-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #1
Joe Penkala
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Help with Crass

Greetings. I would like to solicit help with an Ithaca Crass I recently picked up at a gun show. Several parts are missing. I was aware of this but the price more than reflected the lack of completeness. My usual used parts sources came up dry and my web search for photos and drawings produced little. I can make the parts if I know what they look like. Missing are the cocking hook, what appears to be an insert in the bite for the locking lug, a guide for the extractor and the extractor. I am also missing both firing pins. I can pour wax molds to get an idea of what the firing pins look like but a photo would be nice. All other parts are there in duplicate or at least one of so I can make a copy. I have searched the web and obtained some not great pictures of some of the parts. I have obtained the relevant patent drawings but still only have a very rough idea of what some of the parts look like. I found one thread on this forum that refers to an album containing photos of all the Crass parts prepared by one of the members but I can’t seem to find it. I am probably just looking in the wrong place. Any pictures or measurements of the parts would be greatly appreciated. I have included several photos of the barrels where most of the missing parts would reside. Thanks in advance for your interest.
joe penkala is offline   Reply With Quote