View Single Post
First Shots...
Unread 12-10-2022, 07:35 PM   #1
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,601 Times in 3,090 Posts

Default First Shots...

...from a new gun are special, and should be taken only after great deliberation and planning. Because of the good will of a member, I was able to acquire a "bucket list gun" -- a straight-splinter, two trigger, Damascus barreled, high grade 16 gauge Parker; in this case a BHE. I waited almost a year to find the right time and place to blood this gun. On a damp and still December day, it seemed right to take the gun along for a wild Bob hunt on a favored farm. Aspen found a nice covey from which I was able to cleanly take a right-barrel bird. The covey was large enough to pursue singles, and we did so. Another point by Aspen and a second shot for the BHE.

Is there anything more satisfying to a hunter than the explosion of feathers from a centered bird, taken over the point of his own dog...and having only to clean the right barrel of your gun at day's end?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3017.jpg (522.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3011.jpg (519.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3022.jpg (628.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3019.JPG (468.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3024.jpg (499.9 KB, 19 views)
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post: