Unread 11-30-2021, 10:15 AM   #9
Warren Sandberg
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Romig View Post
Which printing is No. 8 please?

Dean,
There is no reference to a printing number, but the copyright of Charles Scribner's Sons is 1942. There is a light pencil note to the inside cover "1st Ed" and the price of $75. I should have looked this book over earlier as I had forgotten that it is a 'retired' public library book with stamps to the inside covers and top/bottom end pages including the overstamp of 'Withdrawn' to same. The library's sticker at the bottom of the spine had been removed, but it caused a fading to the printed author's name. There are many beautiful illustrations in the book along with a color print "Grouse Shooting in New England" attached opposite page of the title page. All that being said, these library stamps (The Hill School Library, Pottstown, PA) diminishes its value. However, for an 80 year old book, it is in remarkably good condition with no torn pages or owner's scribbling, buggered cover corners, bent/creased covers or spine.

If you still have an interest, please let me know as I will be taking photos for your perusal soon.
Warren Sandberg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Warren Sandberg For Your Post: