View Single Post
Update: Parker Letter for CH two barrel set
Unread 03-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
Daniel Leader
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Update: Parker Letter for CH two barrel set

First of all let me send out a heartfelt THANK YOU to Chuck Bishop for his outstanding attention to my request. I am eternally grateful. Also many thanks to all of you who have responded and given advice and thoughts, this is truly a family and I'm proud to be part of it.

In short the letter says:the gun was ordered by Griffith and Semple of Louisville Ky for mr C W Hearin on Mar 18 1892 and shipped on July 18 1892. It was a Grade C top action hammer gun 12 ga featuring Damascus barrels with a length of 36". Stock was pistol grip Length of Pull 14" drop at heel 3". weight 9 pounds. Price was $150.00 plus $10.00 for extra long barrels.

The gun was returned to Parker on April 13 1905 by the El Dorado dry goods company of El Dorado Arkansas. The request was to fit a pair of 12/28" barrels RH Cyl bore LH Mod and clean out the old barrels for a cost of $50.00.

A little research told me CW Hearin was quite a distinguished and accomplished gentleman. Born in 1847 he joined in the Civil War troops at age 16 where he stayed until the war ended. He served in Co A 1st Arkansas Trans Miss Cavalry for the Confederacy.

He went on to become the County Clerk for Union County Arkansas and the Grand Lodge of Louisville in a document dated 1929 lists him as a Master Mason. I think I can track this gun down through his family to the gentleman I got it from.

I am still looking for a Parker dealer to determine it's value. Thank you again , all of you for your help and well wishes. Dan
Daniel Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Daniel Leader For Your Post: