View Single Post
Unread 01-15-2023, 07:48 PM   #9
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon View Post
I keep track of my shots hunting in a given year. Reading of your exploits, I wonder how many shots you take in a year. I can't even imagine.
Yesterday I shot exactly fifty times . The first two shoots at Prospect Hall almost 70 each time , the two December shoots at Prospect Hall were 50-60 each . The two shoots at First Mine Run were 25-30 each . The quail box birds a week ago were 40 shots . So that’s 340-375 I guess . Have a quail hunt planned Tuesday at Rasawek that’ll be 8-25 shots if history repeats and if I do the January shoot at Prospect Hall I anticipate 40ish . What might be of intrest I’ve used 8 gauge , 10 gauge , 12 gauge , 16 gauge and 20 gauge . If I’d not liquidated the 28 I had I’d carry that Tuesday . I keep tabs of shots and hits most of the time but I always know how many shells were expended . Only shot the 8 gauge at the first peg at both of the early Prospect Hall shoots and used the 12 at the October shoot for the rest and this hammer 10 at the November shoot after the first peg . Used a hammerless 10 also at Prospect Hall and the 12 trap in late December . Used the VH 20-32 and a VHE 20-26 at the December First Mine Run , then last week I at First Mine Run I used a DH 16 32” 2 frame and a VHE 16-26 skeet . For the quail boxbirds I used the VHE trap with 1 1/4 pigeon loads . Tuesday I plan to carry the VHE 16 skeet again . If my cousin invites me on a rabbit chase I think I’ll carry the VHE 20-26 or possibly a circa 67 Browning A-5 20 MAG with 26” IC vent rib barrel .