View Single Post
Custom Fox
Unread 07-13-2021, 09:13 AM   #1
Phil C
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 5,917 Times in 1,432 Posts

Default Custom Fox

I would like to share a few pictures of a custom Fox that all started with a conversation with Chris Dawe.
I will post some pictures and descriptions of the work over the next week to bring the project up to date and then post weekly updates of the project as the work continues to completion.
Chris had come out to hunt quail with me here in AZ on two separate occasions. During one of these hunts for Mearns quail we had a discussion about my desire to have a custom Double built.
Chris owns Stillwater Restorations has built a number of beautiful custom Doubles and I had particularly liked the Foxes that he and Lemieux Armuriers had collaborated on.
I knew going into this project that I would need to finance this work by selling some of my other guns from my collection. I justified the project in my own mind by telling myself that I was not spending any real additional money.
A little over a year ago I purchased a 20 gauge Sterlingworth and started the process of exporting it to Canada.
This was followed by selecting a blank from Cecil Fredi in Las Vegas.
I looked over hundreds of blanks that Cecil sent me pictures of. Finally settling on a pieces of dark English Walnut. Which I promptly sent to Chris.
TO BE CONTINUED.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 828A60C3-7805-49F2-98ED-A7CD38FD6095.jpg (494.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg D68C1A68-23C2-47CF-A270-4222CD263CDE.jpg (495.3 KB, 9 views)
Phillip Carr is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Phillip Carr For Your Post: