View Single Post
The new Bourbon
Unread 07-15-2022, 07:54 AM   #9
ahfoxman
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default The new Bourbon

Ha, there are guys at the local firehouse gun shows, that buy from sources like Brownnells and then resell at $50/$60/$70 a lb. AND, it always is gone a few hours into the show. Nice Guys, real friends of the hobby!

Bourbon, at the state store, comes in once a month and the people line up for an hour or more at the door, then wait until the stock person gets it onto the cart, might be 3 hours after store opening, to grab a the few bottles of Eagle Rare and 1792 available, to sell at twice the price. If people would stop buying at the inflated prices, it would all stop.

My buddy who trains pointing Labs, OK, Labs that point, likes Eagle Rare and I have to have a friend from Kentucky or Mich send me some for him, as he doesn't take money and both of my Labs that point, were given to me by him as I am their retirement home, so Eagle Rare it is. Here I am at 82, and now have the absolute best field dogs, but am having trouble getting them out enough. UPS kills me on the shipping, but it is what it is. Didn't mean to steal the thread, but wouldn't it be refreshing if we all played nice?? If this is out of line, just let me know, and I will delete it. It's easy to see why I have been called a curmudgeon by some. Ahhhhh Life is Good, then we Croak.
Tom Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tom Kidd For Your Post: