View Single Post
TRigger pull questions - not really Parker related
Unread 09-05-2022, 11:01 AM   #1
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,059 Posts

Default TRigger pull questions - not really Parker related

​Hope this is the right forum for this...?

I've never given trigger pulls a lot of thought, and I've never had a gun that caused me to worry about them one way or the other, but I just got a gun on which the trigger pull feels excessively heavy at least to me.* So I bought a basic pull gauge and have been checking some of my guns.* The pulls are all over the place, but most seem to be in the 5-1/2 to 7lb range.* So my question: just what does that mean?* Is a pound of difference a lot, or not very much?

Here's my little "case study": I have a trap gun that measures 2lbs. and the pull feels very light; in fact it took some getting used to when I got it.* I also have a trap gun that measures about 5lbs-10oz, and although I can tell that that it's heavier than the first, it doesn't feel particularly heavy and I've never felt a problem with it, and I've never sensed a problem going back and forth between the two guns.* I just got a third trap gun, and the pull feels VERY heavy - so heavy that I felt like it was causing me to jerk or even move the gun when I shot it.* It measures 6-8, not a lot more than the second and certainly not as much difference as between the first gun and the second.

*I'm not very techie when it comes to guns; I've always just got them and shot them without paying much attention to details.* But this gun has me confused.* I'm not going to mess with any that I've never felt a problem with but I may be looking to have the pull lightened on this gun.* Any input welcomed; feel free to enlighten me or even to further confuse me*��... *