View Single Post
SBT toplevers
Unread 12-08-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
Robt. Harris
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default SBT toplevers

Hi fellas,

I've have a 'B' grade SBT that I purchased several years ago. It's in the 230,000 range making it a late 1920's gun. It's still factory original and in very excellent condition. The only thing I could notice upon purchase was that the top lever would not stay locked over to the right when the gun is disassembled, otherwise it is on-face and functional. In fact, I can't even locate a top lever release tab deep within the frame as is found on Parker doubles......assuming it's a different design.

When opening after firing, the top lever will occasionally stay over to the right until the gun is closed again.......but it does not do this consistently. Though it is not that big a hardship to work around when shooting it, I suspect that fully functional SBTs' do not do this. Any input as to what your SBT's are like in re: to the top lever staying open - after firing it and upon disassembly - would be a start to diagnosing it. It could be something amiss with the top lever spindle, or maybe it's in need of a deep cleaning, but no point speculating until I know what 'normal' is.

Any thoughts would be appreciated......

Rob Harris
Robt. Harris is offline   Reply With Quote